April 23, 2009

Anaheim Tour, Day Two

I spent a good portion of this day with Shelton, haha. (:

Saturday: Heritage Music Festival, Wandering, and "Purchasing"
I woke up after not having some quality sleep, and changed into some jeans and my lavender scoop neck tee and packed my tour jacket into my bag. Ate Phad Thai noodles for breakfast, yum! Loaded the bus, I tripped over those blue cement blocks they having in the parking spaces, and we were off to Fullerton College.

We watched some random school's jazz band, but they had NOTHING on us. I mean, their music was lame, they looked like they were falling asleep, their bassist was struggling, and their overall sound failed to amaze me. I'm sure the adjudicator felt the same way, and I was listening to his critiques for them: don't be afraid to improvise a solo, be musical, yadayadayada. And then our jazz band came on, and he wasn't ready for the uber pwnage we brought to the stage. I love our Jazz Band, they make me so happy. Their songs just get me all smiling, and it's nice. I just knew they would kick butt! (:

After that, our group kinda split up and got lost on the way to and from the buses. For a while, it was me, Shelton, Erika, Leann, Robert, Chris, and Kevin. I don't know what happened, but the whole group was narrowed down to me, Shelton, and Chris. Soon after that though, Julian randomly finds us and kidnaps Chris saying, "Hey, you're coming with me because I'm lost!" So then me and Shelton were left to wander around aimlessly on our own for a while. I don't how long we were alone, or what we talked about, but it was enjoyable. I only remember that he was watching me drink my focus vitaminwater? Haha, I'm pretty sure that I dribbled on myself because of that. x3

Later on, I remember finding Leann and Chris again, and then we went on our merry way to Subway. Kim and Jon gave me crappy directions there, so we kind of had to guess at where the bridge they were talking about was. We had to cross the street, and I'm horrible at that. I always seem to attract cars, man! So Leann was like, "GET ON MAH BACK!" and I wasn't sure she was all that strong so I went on Shelton's back instead. I was still scared as hell, though. But now that I look back on it, it was a fun experience- kind of reminiscent of the "chocobo rides" Taejung gives me. x3 We made it to the other side, and we found Kim and Chans, who pointed us in the right direction.

We got to Subway, and Leann decided to split her sandwich with me and get another one for Erika and Kevin, who were at a sectional. We couldn't really make up our minds on what to get, so we kept telling the guy to "go wild." I think he was getting pissed off, since he already had to deal with a bunch of other crazy kids from our school. We ended up just picking whatever the first thing he offered us. x] Then we walked back to the viola sectional to deliver the sandwich, and Leann's half of our sandwich got all mangled and mine was hard to eat because there was sauce all over the place. It was all good, because that thing was delicious. I need to start eating there more often, instead of always getting Asian food. ;P I called Lani, told her I missed her, and kinda rambled about random shit. Then I went to the bus to change.

I love charter buses and their air conditioning; It was nice to have that while I changed! There were no other girls changing with me except for the cellos, so I thought I was late, but it turns out I was actually reeeaally early. Went back to the school's hang out area, and looked over my music. It took like, fucking twenty minutes for everyone else to get ready, when it took me like, five. Even the guys. -___-" Then everyone got to our area, and none of the festival workers came to tell us to warm up, so we only had about ten minutes to tune and such.

We rushed through tuning and got onstage. Freaking Concert Strings kids was grouped in this big mass of black and they started hardcore cheering for us. I heard my name called a couple of times, and it was pretty cool. B] Chamber Symphony performed Dvorak's "Scherzo" and "Bercuese and Finale." We all thought that the Dvorak sounded so freaking bad, and Paige was like, "Fuck, you guys that can't happen with the next one" in that angry whispering voice she does. x) Then we did the Berceuse, and it was beautiful. I liked that one. Then I went back into the warm up room to pick up my case and stuff.

I watched the cute little Concert kiddies with Ava. They're like, widdle babies playing their instruments! I loved them, they make me so proud, and I'm happy that some of them are gonna move up to the big kids' class! Elegy was bombin', I liked that one. I'm sure Danza was great, but I'm not really into slow music. Hatikvah, oh my gosh! It was so fucking intense! I remember gushing about it with Ava and her mom. It was that good. ;D I should've just went onstage and read with them. Oh well.

We had a break before just the Chamber Strings went on. Everyone was gone, so we had the theater to ourselves while we practiced. We were scared for our lives, because "Of Glorious Plumage" was NOT READY and we were unsure of where to repeat in the Holberg Suite. People returned at the last minute, and Plumage was first, and it was nearly perfect. ^-^ Okay, so like John Michael is always giving Kevin Kim crap about his violin playing. And then during Kevin's opening solo, they're sitting next to each other and JMB is just making these hilarious, oh-no-you-diiint faces. BAHAHAHA. xD We didn't mess up or lose the tempo, thank God. I really, really loved that piece. The Holberg Suite was great, but then again we've been playing that since the beginning of the year.

After we took pictures, we headed to the bus to change. They weren't open, though, so me and Erika grabbed our clothes to find a bathroom to change in, but those were closed too. We ended up changing behind this wall of cement, which was near the vending machines Kim, Mark, Rhoda, and Shelton were. Good thing we weren't seen. D; Then we hung out outside the buses, and people started messing with this grasshopper, and I ran away to the safety of the bus. Shelton coaxed me off the bus, so I got back out. All the buses had to stay a while longer because Edrian was still at McDonald's. -___- It was okay though, because we still got to Disneyland for the awards ceremony hecka early.

Disneyland!~ Man, do I love Disneyland. (; There were people around the tram, waiting to board, but then here comes all these wild SCPA kids who just run onto the tram. x] Whatever. So we get into the park, and then Kevin was all, "Oh man, we're at Disneyland. I just wanna jump!" I agreed, so we jumped together in the middle of Main Street, where all those lights are. :D We kept making these long arm-linked lines. That didn't last very long, because we got lost and separated. We joined the rest of the school, but we still couldn't go into the arena because of the fireworks show. :/ So me, Gabe, and Shelton dipped and started roaming around some stores. And you know what happens in giftshops when Gabe is around. ;) Haha. So he purchased some necklaces and stuff, and also walked out with a stuffed panda for me. I was gonna try to get some Mulan things, but they were ridiculously hard to find because everything was either Tinkerbell, Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty. -___- Then we had to rush back to the awards ceremony, but there was a big holdup from all the people camping out to watch the fireworks. We had to walk at a fucking snail's pace, and Shelton and Gabe decided to hold my hands to make sure I didn't get lost in the crowd. It was considerate, I guess. I love those guys! ♥

We got back eventually, and our school was already inside. We watched the fireworks, and I kept smiling through the whole thing. DAMN, I LOVE FIREWORKS. Then we had the spiffy awards show thing, and- long story short- Chamber Strings won first place gold, and Concert Strings won second place gold. (: Our school also took the Orchestra sweepstakes and the Overall Sweepstakes awards. :D :D :D I swear, I thought I was going to lose my voice that night, and I kept jumping up to cheer on our school. It was fun. But don't talk to me about Wind Ensemble. I was completely disappointed. :[

We left for the tram again, and Chris Le was behind me, Shelton, and Gabe. He was calling, "Hey Kevin! Kevin!" to me, but obviously, I didn't respond. So then there was this thing where we decided that me and Kevin could pass off as twins. Yeah, and in all of that hubbub, my panda was named Kevin by Gabe. x] We got on the bus, headed to the hotel, and went straight to our rooms.

I called Shelton, but he wasn't answering. Then I called Kim for Marc's number, and called him to make sure that they were really going to the fitness center at 4:00 in the morning the next day. They swore they were serious about it, so I made plans for myself to meet them there. I got ready for bed last, and I kept the light on so I could finish "Absolute Boyfriend." I took a nap at the table, and woke up with a tweaking back at about 2:50AM. I moved to the floor again, and took another nap for about an hour.
^Remember that.


I miss Irvine to the max! ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment