April 22, 2009

Anaheim Tour, Day One

Let's see how much of it I don't leave out.

Friday: "Are all the people in Irvine freaking bums?!"
I got to school ten minutes early to get my luggage to the music rooms, but they weren't even open. I left my shit outside and went to Farson's to drop off my essay and give some quick goodbyes to some people. Then went back to actually make sure my stuff was all squared away in the room before it was locked up and we had to rehearse.

Wind Ensemble was up practicing first, so and I was going to at least watch some of it but it was taking a long time to tune and get set up. I got bored and just left for martial arts, which was pretty cool. Mr. Sullivan wasn't there so we had a sub. Did lots of drills, even though it was only a minimum day, and it felt really good to workout nearly nonstop before leaving for Anaheim. I earned six or seven stamps for working out the whole day, I'm so happy. ^-^

Lunch was kinda spent just standing around and waiting for school to be let out, and I kinda just observed people. Haha, I don't why I do that sometimes, but I do. Said my goodbyes to Lani, and Erika felt compelled to take a picture. UGH. I looked homeless that day, not cute at all. >xP After lunch and after school, Chamber went into the Grand Theater to rehearse "Of Glorious Plumage" and "Berceuse and Finale." Honestly, we didn't get that much done there. We started loading buses and we didn't leave for a while.

We got to Anaheim, and then me and Erika went to 712 to check in and get settled. We left and went on a short "nature walk" to the past the pool and to the courts. Also, Tony and David joined us on an elevator ride. I pushed all those buttons, and I think I broke on of them. >;)

Soon the Concert Strings had to leave for their Pirate Dinner, while the advanced groups went to the Block at Orange. I almost got full off their free samples, geez. I had so much. Me, Erika, Taylor, Marcelina, Elizabeth, Vivian, and Tony decided to stop at the Red Dragon or Twin Dragon, whatever, and eat some food. The meals were about $8, but they were huge! And they were STILL giving us free samples when we walked in. Everyone except me and Vivian bought their own separate meal, while we just split a combo: Fried rice, chow mein noodles, wontons, soup, a small salad, kungpow chicken, and spicy tangy chicken. YUMMMM!~ Yeah, you know how we Asian people eat. ;9 She wouldn't let me split the payment though. :/ Everyone had to get boxes to keep their leftovers in. We kept walking around, stopping by B&BW and Starbucks. We didn't head into any clothing stores, and that made me a bit sad at the time but I'm glad that I didn't waste my time in one anyway. Some of us bought bracelets at a little jewelry stand in the middle of the mall, because me and Taylor were freaking out about getting some. I bought two bracelets with "Hope" and "Strength" written in Chinese characters. I was going to buy "Love," too, but Vivian said that it was written wrong so I didn't want it anymore. While we were there, there was this creepy old guy with an uber beer gut who was talking to Marcelina and Tony. Everyone else glanced over at them like, "Who the heck is that random guy?" We paid for our bracelets and then he started talking to Taylor and asking for money to spend on "dinner." He moved on to ask me and Vivian as well, and we tried to say "no" as politely as we could before we dipped.

We went into Borders after that encounter, where I finally found "Absolute Boyfriend" volume one and I bought it, along with "La Cordo d'Oro" volume one. I was so excited I found them, even though I missed some more free samples from the cafe they had. We were waiting for Tony and Marcelina to pay for their books, and then this other random guy comes over to our group and asks us for some change to pay for his bus ride. -______- We got scared and we speed walked away, out of that store. It was almost time to go, so we went to the bus and got there on time. We left, but bus one left and had to go back for David. x] Haha.

We got back to the hotel, and I was gonna workout some more, but the place was overcrowded with Concert Strings kids and that's not the type of atmosphere I like to work out in. I convinced Shelton to come walk around with me because I didn't want to be alone and I couldn't find Erika. We went to the pool, kind of talking on the way there, because I wanted to hang out by the glassy water. Sadly the pool was heavily occupied too, so we left. Shelton mentioned that Ronald brought his Wii, so I wanted to go to their room to play video games. :3 I changed and went to their room, even though they didn't have a chaperone yet. I kinda just sat in their doorway, and their room smelled like shit. >xP I almost wanted to leave. The chaperone came, and then I was finally allowed in. Rockaela, Holly, and some other Concert girls came in, too. I still can't play Brawl to save my life. D;

Room check rolled around, and then I got ready for bed. I was sleeping next to Erika, but then it got uber hot so I moved to the floor without a blanket. After about two hours the air conditioning turned on again and I started to freeze, so I had to go back to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment