April 16, 2009

Like I said I would.

Today, I guess Deaj, Celine, and Mac were trying to convince Mr. Dyson that I am, in fact, Cambodian. I'm not really sure how it came up because I put my head down and I was actually doing my work. I heard someone call me and didn't want to get up, but I did after they called "CAMBODIA!!" three times. If I recall correctly,

Celine: Cambodia!
Deaj: Cambodia!
Mac: Cambodia!
Me: *raise head and turn around*
Mr. Dyson: Why'd you listen to that? You're not Cambodian... ?
Deaj: NO, she is Cambodian!
Mr. Dyson: No way, I thought you were full-Filipino.
Me: ... Why?
Mr. Dyson: Aren't you?
Me: I am SO Cambodian.
Mr. Dyson: But your mom is Filipino?
Me: My mom is confused. -______-
Celine: Yeah, she is! She pronounces white as "hwite."
Mr. Dyson: You know, I can check the system right now. *Leaves us to finish our work*

... And yeah, of course the school's records claim I'm Filipino. Oh well, it was worth a try. x)

I'm gonna die! D: D: D: D: D: D: D:
In Martial Arts, Mr. Sullivan made us do a heart pumping cardio workout. ^-^ I made it through, and I paid meticulous attention to doing the exercises correctly because I wanted to get the most out of the workout (Gotta fit the dress, gotta fit the dress, gotta fit the dress). After we finished Mr. Sullivan had us check our exercising heart-rate. He said a healthy heart-rate for people our age was about 150-170 bpm. Then he asked, "who had over 150?" and all hands went up. "Over 170?" I noted that only seven people, besides myself, in our class kept their hands up. "Dang! Over 190??" Only three were left: Amir, DJ, and I tied with 190. Those two are the highest ranks, the most powerful, and solid examples of physical fitness, yet my heart keeps up with theirs?! I don't know if that's good or bad, since it's not a healthy number and it means that I'm using nearly 100% of my heart power while I work out. D: Mr. Sullivan had to re-check my pulse to verify that I did it correctly, and he still got 190. He basically told me that I could've died. :0 But he also pointed out that even though the three of us didn't look fatigued, our hearts are also able to reach beating high levels without it killing us. Note that he didn't say it was healthy, but he also didn't say that was completely a bad scenario. I guess that's a plus. He did say that I had a very strong, rhythmed pulse. That's good. (:

He talked some more and gave another speech about resting heart rates, giving us a break and allowing our heart rates to return to normal. At this time, he told us that a normal resting heart rate is from 60-80 bpm. I checked mine, and I got 60 when I checked it myself. I kept the number in my head. Mr. Sullivan checked again, and told me 50?!? I started freaking out! That's not in the right range!!! FML. FML. FML! x[ Then he saw me having a little hyperventilating fit, and explained that it's good for healthy hearts to have slightly lower bpms. Lower bpms indicate a very healthy heart because the heart is still able to efficiently pump blood to the body at fewer time intervals. Compare this to an unhealthy heart, which has to beat more frequently in order to pump the same amount of blood through the veins. I'm healthy when it comes to being at rest. >;)

I stayed afterschool for Mulan. Heh. Mary's choreographing some stuff in order to convince Mr. Doyle that students can direct mainstages, too. I volunteered to help out, and I thought I was going to be around to influence more martial arts moves into the dances. But she tricked me! I got there, and she asked me if I could sing. O_o Fuck no, I haven't sang in years! And she asked me how many years of dance I've taken. Um, NONE. Wtf, she better not be considering me for Mulan. D: Then she made me actually learn the choreography to "I'll Make a Man Out of You," which involved bo staffs so we had to use the Martial Arts eskrima sticks. I was so lost, I can't learn choreography that well; it takes me a long time, and forget it so fast. >x3 At first, she had me working with this girl named Kim. Not my Kim, a different Kim. I kept tripping out over it. She modeled it for me, and it was so pretty and intense at the same time- picture a blend of Xianghua and Kilik from Soul Calibur. Then I did it. Horrible, and she used so much dance terminology to explain it. I felt cool when I learned one dance move, though. Then, since Vivian was just sitting around, Mary made her get involved: "Hey! Heidi and Vivian are really good friends, so why don't you two go and try to make up something and we'll tweek it a little later on?" BAHAHA. We learned the moves for the first part, and Vivian was my partner for it. (: It's cool, because it's a choreographed fight. Fun shit, no lie! I still have the song stuck in my head and I'm tempted to bust out my eskrima stick right now and practice it. :3 I would so try out for a part in this show, just gotta brush up on my wonderful vocals.~ >;]

Overall, today was a good day. <3

1 comment:

  1. Cambodian's still on the hot spot? Angela, my Filipino classmate would fit in so well then...

    ReplyDelete