April 14, 2009

Sometimes, you just have to wait.

I am, indeed, waiting for something.

Actually, there are multiple things that I'm looking forward to. Like the Anaheim Music Tour that's coming up THIS FRIDAY. It is finally here, and even though we're not completely ready, I firmly believe this will be a good trip. And I can't wait until I finally stat taking Driver's Ed, and I can't stop thinking about getting my license. Don't get me started on how much I'm yearning for my own car. OH MAN. ;D Simple, but I still fill with glee at the thought. Even some really silly (or stupid, depending on how you look at it) things can get me all animated. Take the upcoming installments of the "Kingdom Hearts" and "Final Fantasy" series. The thought of playing these games some day soon really gets me though my day/week/month/YEAR. If only I actually owned the gaming system these new games will be released on. Yes, I'm looking forward to getting said platform too. (:

There are also some things that I'm not looking forward to, but I'm waiting for them to happen, too. I still have some more belt stripes to earn before I can be eligible for red belt testing. The thing that upsets me is that I have to do these tests alone, when I'm really no good at martial arts at all. No help? Oh no! D: Another thing that's coming fast are the year end course finals. Everyone dreads them, and the last eight or so weeks of school are devoted to re-cramming loads of material back into lazy student minds. I hate the whole experience and how important it is that I do well. I know, I know! Geez. I hate how all of this feels like some unbreakable cycle, how I always slack off during this time of year and pull everything together at the very last minute. Always. I want to say that I'm counting down the days where I will finally be free of the California high school system, but that's not completely true.

Now with my presumptuous, over-confident, and know-it-all 16 year old mindset, the thing I'm most afraid of is growing up. Life after high school. Will I graduate with honors? Who will I become? Where do I go? What is the meaning of my life now?

I can't spend every second trying to prepare myself for the next minute. But some things are just plain inevitable, I'll have to remember that. And while I wait for things to unfold- both good and bad, predicted and unexpected- I'll try to live and love the present.

1 comment:

  1. As I thought, you had forgotten what I asked you... At least, I think you did, but you can get to it on your own time...

    ReplyDelete